Thomas Pundt mlists at rp-online.de
Fri Mar 30 05:37:47 PDT 2007
Hi,

On Friday 30 March 2007 13:38, Forum wrote:
| I have the following scenario:
| DB1 -> is replicated to DB2 - set called replic_back - one server
| DB2 -> is replicated ahead to DB3 - set called replic_loco. - second server
|
| Db2 and db3 are on the same machine(second server).
|
| Every time I make a schema change(alter table etc etc) in DB1 which is
| successfully done in DB2 the replication replic_loco stops to work. The
| schema change does not reach DB3. In the logs I didn't find anything
| suspicios. If I make to replic_loco a unsubscribe and subscribe the data's
| are actually refreshed, but the replication still does not work.

you _have to_ make DDL changes using the slonik command "execute script()"
(see slony documentation for details) - otherwise the replication most
definitely breaks (as you've discovered), because the Slony trigger signatures
don't match your table layout anymore.

Schema changes can't be automatically distributed because you can't put
triggers on catalog tables (which would be necessary).

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt at rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----