Andrew Hammond andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:09:21 PDT 2007
On 3/16/07, Tilman Baumann <tilman.baumann at collax.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a inattentive moment i addes tome table to the replacation without
> creating the tables on the slave fist.
> I used the slony helpers in pgadmin3.
> I added the new tables to a new replication set. After that i merged the
> new set with my previous one. And than it struk me that i missed a step.
> I guess if i had not merged the sets. I could remove the slave note from
> that set, create the tables and add ist again.

Possibly, but you'd probably have to do some surgery to get rid of the
subscribe event (and probably subsequence SYNCs) that will never
actually succeed. At which point you may as well drop the cluster and
start over again.

> Can anyone please give me a direction what i could do to bring the
> synchronisation in 'sync' again?
> Settiung the slave up new would be a ok option. The main thing is that
> it syncs all tables after that. :)

Well, it's gonna be hard for that to succeed since you'll never be
able to get past the subscribe event.

> Are there some tricks to tell slony to have a look for not yet synced
> tables?

No, slony is not that user-friendly yet. I'm sure that there'd be some
interest in figuring out how to make it more user-friendly if you had
a well thought out, well researched proposal along those lines. And
some willingness to contribute code to the effort.

Andrew