Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Sat Mar 17 10:24:45 PDT 2007
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, David Fetter wrote:

> Folks,
>
> When managing database changes on a single database, I frequently do
> things like:
>
> BEGIN;
> CREATE TABLE ...;
> COPY ... ; -- Populate the new table
> ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN ... USING ... ; -- From previous statements
> ALTER TABLE ...;
> DROP TABLE ....;
> COMMIT;
>
> This way, only whole schema changes are visible.
>
> How do people approach this with Slony?

David,

Anything which is executed inside an EXECUTE SCRIPT is done as a single
transaction.

Note that if you DROP a table, you'll need to have dropped it from replication
prior to the execute script or you'll cause yourself some grief.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954