Craig James craig_james at emolecules.com
Mon Jun 25 14:01:56 PDT 2007
Oops!  Sorry about that last message, I sent from the wrong email, then resent the reply rather than this!  Mea culpa.  Here's what I should have sent...

Andrew Hammond wrote:
> On 6/25/07, Craig James <craig_james at emolecules.com> wrote:
>> I'm having trouble dropping and re-creating a node.  I'm trying to
>> develop some scripts that will handle a failover situation and the
>> subsequent cleanup.  When dropping a node, here's what I'm doing:
>>
>>     slonik <<_EOF_
>>     cluster name = global_cluster;
>>     node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=global host=host1 user=postgres';
>>     node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=global host=host2 user=postgres';
>>     uninstall node (id = 2);
>>     _EOF_
>>
>>     ... drop the slave database
>>     ... recreate the slave database schema
>
> Are you waiting for this event to propagate? Because it looks like
> you're just running this second script immediately.

Yes, I am waiting.  The "script" I showed is actually four separate steps: Drop the node, destroy the database, recreate the schema, and recreate the node.  Just to be sure, I ran the first step, waited, and watched the slon(1) daemon's log.  When it showed, "cannot get sl_local_node_id - ERROR:  schema "_global_cluster" does not exist", I figured the event had propagated.

Thanks,
Craig