Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Jun 25 08:28:46 PDT 2007
As a side-effect of seeing complaints about logging on other systems
(not related to Slony-I :-)), I thought I'd take a look at the
messages being generated by Slony-I with a view to promoting/demoting
them so that:

 - Informational things would be logged at level INFO
 - Configuration logs  would be logged at level CONFIG

The principle being that people ought to be able to run at debugging
level "-d 0" and get most of the interesting stuff.

Things in DEBUG1-DEBUG4 should be messages specifically relating to
debugging problems, and it ought to be safe to omit those without
losing interesting log information.

Here's the patch to that end, against CVS HEAD:

<http://lists.slony.info/pipermail/slony1-patches/2007-June/000020.html>

Comments?  Disagreements?
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"