Dmitry Koterov dmitry at koterov.ru
Wed Jul 18 12:06:44 PDT 2007
Sorry, but I have not undersand this clearly. :-(
Could you please answer the single practical question (just "yes" or "no"):
if I perform

BEGIN;
INSERT INTO tbl(id, parent_id) VALUES(1, 2);    -- child first!
INSERT INTO tbl(id, parent_id) VALUES(2, null);  -- parent
COMMIT;

on master (assuming that parent_id foreign key is deferrable), DOES Slony
GUARANTEE that ANY subscriber will receive and SUCESSFULLY process this
data, or there is a probability that a subscriber will fail to update?

P.S.
Contrary to that, the query

BEGIN;
INSERT INTO tbl(id, parent_id) VALUES(2, null);  -- PARENT first
INSERT INTO tbl(id, parent_id) VALUES(1, 2);    -- child
COMMIT;

GUARANTEES that a subscriber will receive and process the data correctly,
it's obvious.