Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Wed Jul 18 09:17:16 PDT 2007
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 04:48:52PM +1200, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> I've added the trigger and procedure manually (that particular table
> is not used atm).

This is your problem, and yes, this is because it fires in two
places.  This is why triggers on the replica are to be disabled.  If
you don't want that, use STORE TRIGGER.  You can write your trigger
procedure so that it figures out whether it's on the origin and
performs nothing in that case, which allows you to have a trigger
only on a replica, for instance.

> The easiest way would be to disable the trigger on the slaves, the
> problem is that if master dies my application tries to write to the
> slaves (there is a system in place that promotes one of the slaves  to
> a master role).

That would also automatically turn the trigger back on.  This is in
the docs, although evidently in a way that isn't perfectly clear.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
		--Jane Jacobs