Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 3 16:43:36 PDT 2007

Is there anything we can do for 2.0 to improve DDL use cases?

I had sent out a patch a while back that lets EXECUTE SCRIPT take a list of
tables to lock (thus not locking everything).  I never did get any feedback
on the patch.  If there is interest I can try to bring it up to the current
2.0 head and resend it.

Do the new was of disabling triggers have any effect on the dangers of doing
alter tables outside of an execute script? Is there anything we can do to
improve that (at least for DDL where the order it is applied on doesn't need
to match on the slaves)

Steve