Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Jul 3 11:12:24 PDT 2007
Bill Moran <wmoran at collaborativefusion.com> writes:
> Postgresl 8.1.9 replicating to 8.1.8 using Slony 1.2.6.
>
> I have a number of "timestamp with time zone" columns that simply will
> not replicate correctly and I'm stumped to the point of insanity as
> to why.
>
> On both systems, the database is set to est5edt timezone, yet some
> rows (not all, mind you) change the timezone from edt to est when
> the data is replicated.
>
> It's always the same rows, but not all rows in the table.
>
> This has obviously got something to do with the data, but I'm befuddled
> as to what to do about it, or even how to determine the exact nature
> of the problem.  New rows are being added to this table all the time
> and they are replicated correctly, it seems as if it's always the same
> rows that magically switch timezones during replication.
>
> I've gone so far as to completely deinstall Slony from this database and
> rebuild the Slony config from scratch, and it still does the exact same
> thing.
>
> Any help will be met with great appreciation.

It sounds like you've got a resolution (namely where there is
evidently differing interpretation of timezones between PG 8.1.8 and
8.1.9)...

Could I get some samples of timestamptz values that caused you grief,
to stow them in as sample data somewhere?

I'm not sure that I'll necessarily set up a test case to be regularly
run to test this scenario, but adding a few tuples to one of the tests
is cheap, so we might as well have the data...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>