Josh Harrison joshques at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:02:49 PST 2007

> You need the tip of the stable branch to work with the later 8.3 betas.
> There was an incompatibility that's just recently been fixed.

Is this a problem with postgres8.3 version or with Solaris? I see this patch
in the slony website http://slony.info/

The multithreaded replication engine requires the libpq client library to be
compiled with --enable-thread-safety on certain operating systems. Known are
thus far Solaris and AIX. Other operating systems are known to not require
this (Linux-X86, FreeBSD-X86, FreeBSD-Alpha, OpenBSD-Sparc64 and OSX). The
configuration script is broken with respect to the --enable-thread-safety
switch for Solaris. Please apply this patch, configure and recompile
libpq: threadsafe-libpq-742.diff.gz.
<http://developer.postgresql.org/%7Ewieck/slony1/download/threadsafe-libpq-=
742.diff.gz>

My platform information
uname -a
SunOS machine1 5.10 Generic_118844-26 i86pc i386 i86pc

So the problem is with version8.3 or with solaris?
Thanks
josh