Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Dec 11 07:45:52 PST 2007
"Josh Harrison" <joshques at gmail.com> writes:
> Im testing slony1-1.2.12 in postgres 8.3beta3 version. I tried to configure slony but I keep getting this error.
>  ./configure --with-pgconfigdir=/export
>
> /home/sjothirajah/postgres8.3/bin --with-enable-thread-safety
> or
> ./configure --with-pgconfigdir=/export/home/sjothirajah/postgres8.3/bin --enable-thread-safety
> checking for correct version of PostgreSQL... 8.3
> pg_config says pg_sharedir is /usr4/postgres8.3/share/postgresql/
> checking PostgreSQL for enable-thread-safety as required on solaris2.10... no
> configure: error: PostgreSQL needs to be compiled with --enable-thread-safety on solaris2.10
> Can you help

This isn't a problem with Slony-I - it's a problem with your
PostgreSQL build.

On Solaris, PostgreSQL needs to be compiled with
"--enable-thread-safety" in order for Slony-I to work properly.

Evidently your PostgreSQL build was not compiled with
"--enable-thread-safety".

You will need to see about getting a properly-built PostgreSQL build.
No amount of fiddling with Slony-I will resolve this...
--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/wp.html