Jan Wieck JanWieck at Yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 06:44:37 PDT 2007
On 8/31/2007 8:09 AM, Trinath Somanchi wrote:

> Jan Wieck wrote:

>>>  Can you  please send me the link to change log . I wanted to know
>>> why two versions are maintained  .
>>
>> The 1.1 branch is not maintained any more. The last version in the
>> branch (1.1.9) is available for download, in case users of 1.1.x want
>> to upgrade to the last release in their current branch instead of
>> upgrading to 1.2.x which contains functional changes to 1.1.
> Can you be more clear on what is the MAJOR difference between versions
> 1.1.9 and 1.2.11  . why the 1.1 family stopped , is 1.1.9 is stable  @
> 1.1 family ........

It is all detailed in the release notes:

http://main.slony.info/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/slony1-engine/RELEASE?revision=1.1.2.13&view=markup

Highlights would be

   - redesign of process structure (watchdog thread)
   - handling of large attributes (memory)
   - log switching
   - reduction of pg_listener use
   - splitting DDL scripts into separate statements

Jan