Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Apr 19 08:59:18 PDT 2007
Thomas Pundt writes:

> The official way would be to either use the appropriate slonik
> command (that would be "uninstall node()") or to call the uninstall node
> function directly on each node:
>   select "_cluster".uninstallNode();

Do I need to stop the slon processes first?
I found the schema for slony.
The consultant called it "_bk_replica".

So is this what I need to run?
select _bk_replica.uninstallNode();

> Yes; they should exit themselves if Slony is uninstalled though.

So running the uninstallNode should stop the process and the slon will stop?

> | This is FreeBSD and there is a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slon that starts/stops
> | the process at bootup and shutdown. Is that all I need to run to stop the
> | process?
>
> Probably yes.

Don't think the consultant even used the port system to start it..
Tried to run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slon stop and got
slon not running? (check /var/run/slon.pid).

After I run uninstallNode() do I delete the schema?
Anything else that needs to be deleted?

Thanks much for the pointers.