Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Thu Apr 19 06:51:19 PDT 2007
On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:43:13PM +0200, Michal Taborsky - Internet Mall wrote:
> now is, that the slon on slave issues a "fetch 100 from LOG;" command,
> which takes about 2 minutes to complete! The servers are loaded, but not
> overloaded (they are both dual-dual-core Xeons with 4G RAM).

It sounds like you need to stop all the slons, ANALYSE the log tables
(because I bet the plans you're getting for that query are _really
bad_), and restart, probably with a larger fetch size.  It will still
take a long time to catch up, I expect.  But 6 million rows is by no
means impossible -- we added 12 million rows to a table just the
other day, and it caught up in well under an hour (mind, we had
rather more hardware to throw at the problem than you do.  But
still).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
		--Jane Jacobs