Andrew Hammond andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:02:05 PDT 2007
On 4/12/07, Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2007, at 8:04 PM, Andrew Hammond wrote:
> > My clever auto-downloader is going right ahead and downloading the
> > 1.2.6 tarball and renaming it to 1.2.9. Dho!
>
> what's the URL from which you fetch it?  if you use the pgfoundry the
> actual filename at the end is irrelevant; it gives you the file based
> on the "ID" number in the penultimate component of the URL path.

Yeah, that's what bit me. What a terrible design. Shouldn't it at
least barf if the filename I ask for is different from the one it
provides? Anyway, I'm grabbing from
http://main.slony.info/downloads/$SLMAJ.$SLMIN/source/$SLTARBALL
now.

In case there's a general interest, this is for a script which
downloads and builds postgres + slony1. I'm trying to address the
frustration I have with the FreeBSD ports in that they want to be
installed in default locations and don't seem to like having multiple
binaries installed concurrently.

Andrew