Andrew Sullivan ajs
Fri Sep 29 12:16:49 PDT 2006
On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 08:50:15PM +0200, Steven Mocking wrote:
> And we just happen to have 7.3.2 installed on nearly all our production
> servers.

There's more than just Slony as a reason to upgrade from 7.3.2.  There
are a lot of very nasty bugs in early 7.3 releases that ought to make
you want to upgrade to the very last of the 7.3 series.

> On a more positive note, might the attached patch be a good addition to
> the slony-I configure script for future stable releases? The current
> code doesn't check the micro-version and a check like that would prevent
> others from wasting as much time as I did.

Well, support for 7.3 is actually going to go away in the near
future, and we don't anticipate any dotrelease incompatibilities in
future.  But thanks for the patch.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
		--Philip Greenspun