Vivek Khera vivek
Wed Sep 27 09:09:46 PDT 2006
On Sep 20, 2006, at 9:39 PM, cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info wrote:

> If people have had experiences to particularly encourage or discourage
> others, that would be useful.

I'm partial to SVN, personally.  We use it here extensively to manage
all of our projects and the transition from using CVS is very quick.
Another advantage is that it has a large community of users and
developers.  But unless we're really encountering problems with CVS,
why switch?  What actual problem are we expecting to fix?

One of my developers was telling me yesterday about Darcs and how it
is used in a lot of life-sciences research (which is what his wife
does) and the many problems they encounter with locked files and
other breakage.