Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Fri Sep 22 07:41:07 PDT 2006
gurkan at resolution.com writes:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working/practicing on Slony-I these days, and I run into another issue.
> I was able to create tables on replicated set (create table,add table to set,
> merge the sets)
> Then, I have tried to drop the table from replication set but no luck. I was
> able to get to work my script with EXECUTE SCRIPT for creatng the table, I
> believe I had same issue when I was trying to create the table with EXECUTE
> SCRIPT, and some how that problem solved by replacing the spaces manually from
> sql file. But this time no luck. Any idea?
>
> Is this the true step to drop the table from replication set.
> (drop table from the set, run EXECUTE SCRIPT to drop the table phisically from DB)
>
> Thanks.
>
> ERROR OUTPUT:
> ----------------------------
> [enterprisedb at baba1 bin]$ ./execute_script.sh
> <stdin>:41: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_edb_replication_example".ddlScript(3,
> 'DROP TABLE ozfidan;
> .', -1);  - ERROR:  syntax error at or near "." at character 21
> QUERY:  DROP TABLE ozfidan;
> .
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "ddlscript_int" line 53 at execute statement
> SQL statement "SELECT  "_edb_replication_example".ddlScript_int( $1 ,  $2 ,  $3 )"
> PL/pgSQL function "ddlscript" line 31 at perform
> ----------------------------

It seems clear that something in whatever tool you are using to edit
those SQL scripts is adding seeming-invisible extra characters that
are evidently causing problems.

You have reported this sort of problem twice, now.

What are you using to edit those scripts?  It seems clear that there
is something about that tool that is corrupting the data on you, which
suggests it may not be the ideal tool.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>