User Marc marc
Tue Sep 19 08:06:28 PDT 2006
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> 2. We need something _right now_, because it's plain that gborg isn't a
> reasonable holding pattern any more.

Actually, when gborg was restored, it was put onto the new HP Proliant
server, and, like pgfoundry and the main postgresql.org vServer, is
mirrored hourly to a second HP Proliant server to protect against the kind
of hardware failure that we just experienced ... not only that, but I have
to setup a cron job this week that will take all of the postgresql related
vServers and mirror them to the server that JoshB has setup in
California(?) to provide for not only hardware failure, but network
failure as well ...

Note that gborg was the last postgresql related site sitting on the old
FreeBSD 4.x server(s) .. and, when I say "old", I mean it ... the server
it was on was the *original* server that we put down in Panama over 3
years ago ...