User Marc marc
Tue Sep 19 08:29:57 PDT 2006
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, David Fetter wrote:

> With due respect, his day job is working at the university, and he does
> not make his living running servers.  In fact, he loses money at that.

God David, I know you think you know/understand things, but your above
statement proves just how little you do know ... I haven't worked at the
university in 3 years now ... I make my living doing what I *enjoy*, and
that is running servers ... I've been spending the past 3 years working on
bringing online new servers, to which pgfoundry and postgresql.org have
been moved / upgraded ... the problem through all of this was that I
hadn't had a chance to move gborg to the new HP servers before moving my
family from 'the small town' to 'the big city' ... had I done that, none
of this would have been an issue ... then again, had this happened either
before or after the move, this wouldn't have been an issue either, as the
backup server would have been on a proper network that would have allowed
me to bring the server back up again in a few hours ...