cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info cbbrowne
Thu Sep 14 06:41:38 PDT 2006
>  I have the table "trusted" that slony is working (replicat). When I exec
> daemon slony I receive this message:
>
> 2006-09-14 10:06:18 BRT ERROR  cannot get sl_local_node_id - ERROR:
> schema
> "_trusted" does not exist
> 2006-09-14 10:06:18 BRT FATAL  main: Node is not initialized properly
>

>  How can I do to Slony never show me this message? Could someone help me?
>
>  I look that schema "_trusted"  exist, and slony is working. But after 1
> day
> I need to kill and exec daemon slony, after this Slony return to work.

The error message indicates that the _trusted schema doesn't exist, so
that the database being accessed does not contain any of the Slony-I
configuration tables.

I can see two ways for that to be the case after you had replication
"working":

1.  Is it possible that the slon process is connecting to the wrong
database?  Perhaps there are environment variables (PGHOST, PGPORT,
PGDATABASE, ...) set that are redirecting the slon to the wrong place.

You might turn connection logging on on your favorite databases, and start
up the slon; if there's a connection to a WRONG place, that'll help
diagnose what's up.

2.  The other possibility is that someone dropped the _trusted schema.

That destroys the node, as far as Slony-I is concerned...

The only way Slony-I would do this is if you submit either a DROP NODE or
UNINSTALL NODE request via a slonik script...