Peter Abrahamsen rainhead
Wed Sep 13 18:37:44 PDT 2006
Elein,

Awesome, thanks. I ended up trying 1.2 rc3 on a whim, with what I
believe is the same configuration, and it works just fine. There isn't
the same check in configure. The locations I used were those found in
the ebuild file:
--with-pgincludedir=/usr/include/postgresql/pgsql
--with-pgincludeserverdir=/usr/include/postgresql/server

I include all this primarily for posterity/the benefit of googlers..

It's possible that these problems arose because of a fix I had to do
to make php5 build with postgres support, in the form of two symlinks:
/usr/include/postgresql/pgsql/pg_config.h --> ../pg_config.h
/usr/include/postgresql/pgsql/server --> ../server

Anyway, it's working now. I'll play with it some more over the next
few days and let all know if I learn anything more.

Thanks,
Peter