Andy Dale andy.dale
Tue Sep 12 00:59:59 PDT 2006
Hi,

I plan to use Slony (1 master, 1 slave) in conjunction with a JDBC proxy
driver that mimics full multi master sync.  I only want to use slony to
re-sync (up to a reasonable level) when a db has gone down for some reason,
and this leads me to my problem.  In all the examples i have managed to find
the comparison is done by dumping the items in the replication sets on the
master and slave and then comparing them, but my system will have very big
tables (being replicated) so i think this operation will be far too
expensive.

Is there any other way to compare/discover the replication status, like
maybe querying a table/tables form the schema that is created for the
replication (_$CLUSTER_NAME) ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy