Hanks, Dan dhanks
Thu Oct 5 10:48:50 PDT 2006
Hi folks,

I'm running Slony-1.1.5, and am seeing the dreaded "fetch 100 from LOG"
show up in my slow query logs, and Slony is, predictably, falling
behind. The db is quite busy, but I don't think overloaded.

We have identified some of our code that induces "IDLE in transaction"
sessions that sit and do nothing. We're working to fix those.

Is there anything else we can be doing to help it along? sl_log_1 has
15M rows in it currently. Are we at the point of being hopelessly
behind?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

-- Dan Hanks