Alan Hodgson ahodgson
Sun May 28 09:43:46 PDT 2006
On Saturday 27 May 2006 19:26, elein <elein at varlena.com> wrote:
> I've got a customer with tons of inherited tables.
> Is there any reason why slony-I does not work with
> inheritance?  I thought I heard that, but would like
> very much to believe it is not true.
>
> Anything I should watch out for with inheritance and slony-I
> if it does work?

The only problem I've seen doing this is sometimes the column ordering gets
out of whack depending when you add them on the master vs. copying the
schema to the slave(s).

This shouldn't be a problem now that Slony specifies the column ordering
during COPY, though.  I haven't had any problems since that was changed.

--
"Corruptissima republica, plurimae leges" (The more corrupt the state,
the more laws.) - Tacitus