Vivek Khera vivek
Sat May 27 20:56:48 PDT 2006
I have a database (rt3) in a postgres 8.0 server which has UNICODE
encoding.  It was replicated to another 8.0 DB just fine for a long
time.  Today I upgraded the replica to 8.1 and when I went to
replicate it, I got UTF8 encoding failure from one of the tables:
'invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xa9'

Aside from playing whack-a-mole and fixing the errors one at a time
as they are reported by slon, what can I do to make the data UTF8
safe for the strict checking of Pg 8.1?

And what does one do to figure out what character to replace or do
you generally just cut the offending character from the row?