Gavin Hamill gdh
Mon May 15 08:10:07 PDT 2006
Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> I guess what I was really asking was whether this is a regular
>
>occurrence, what else is happening then, &c.  When I hear "once a
>day" my immediate question is "what cron job is running then?"

Ah I see - if it was at precisely 3.30am when the nightly VACUUM,
pg_dump and other maint tasks run, then it'd be a no brainer. Alas, it's
"roughly once a day," i.e. sometimes not at all, sometimes two or three
times daily, with no discernable pattern.

A VACUUM FULL (the canned answer to most postgres problems) is scheduled
for tonight if I can manage to move origins with Slony, so fingers
crossed that's it :)

Other than that, what else can I try - I first asked on the postgres
general list and got bounced here =)

gdh