Brad Nicholson bnichols
Tue Mar 28 08:12:10 PST 2006
Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I'd like to (programmatically) determine when a subscription of a new
> node into a slony cluster has finished, or better said, when the bulk
> data transfer from the origin node did finish and the node is more or
> less synchronised to the origin?

These are two separate things.  When you do an initial subscription
finishes, the new node will be behind by the amount of time that the
subscription took.  It then has to catch up on all the events that have
since come in.

If you are wanting to watch for when the initial subscription is done,
watch the slon logs for a message like:

006-03-21 16:44:36 GMT DEBUG1 copy_set 2 done in 17.443 seconds

If you want to know when the node is actually caught up - query
sl_status on the master.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106