Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Mon Mar 27 10:51:15 PST 2006
Kyle Hanson wrote:

>How do I shutoff the watchdog processes, and do I do that on both nodes?  I
>currently have slon running for both master and slave... In my scenario am I
>better only running slon on one of them?

You should be running both slons.

Typically, the watchdog is a Perl script called "slon_watchdog.pl" or
"slon_watchdog2.pl".

If either are running, "ps auxww | grep watchdog" should find them...

>sl_event on the slave has about 1 million rows in it, the server itself is
>quite fast, although the network between it and master is noticebly slow.

Hmm.

How many on the origin node?

This sounds a bit as though the subscriber's slon was running while the
master's wasn't.