Hiroshi Saito saito
Thu Mar 23 05:20:23 PST 2006
Hi.

Sorry very late reaction.

Usage in Windows is the same as the thing of *nix.
However, It is necessary to get to know some Windows rules.

1.) setting of eventlog
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\lib>regsvr32 slevent.dll

2.) Registration of service
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>slon --help
2006-03-23 21:56:00 JST CONFIG main: slon version 1.2.0 starting up
usage: slon [options] clustername conninfo

    -d <debuglevel>       verbosity of logging (1..4)
    -s <milliseconds>     SYNC check interval (default 10000)
    -t <milliseconds>     SYNC interval timeout (default 60000)
    -g <num>              maximum SYNC group size (default 6)
    -c <num>              how often to vacuum in cleanup cycles
    -p <filename>         slon pid file
    -f <filename>         slon configuration file
    -a <directory>        directory to store SYNC archive files
    -q <num>              Terminate when this node reaches # of SYNCs
    -r <num>              # of syncs for -q option
    -l <interval>         this node should lag providers by this interval

Windows service registration:
 slon -regservice [servicename]
 slon -unregservice [servicename]
 slon -listengines [servicename]
 slon -addengine [servicename] <configfile>
 slon -delengine [servicename] <configfile>

ex.)
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>slon -regservice
Service registered.
Before you can run Slony, you must also register an engine!

WARNING! Service is registered to run as Local System. You are
encouraged to change this to a low privilege account to increase
system security.

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>slon -addengine slon1.conf
Engine added.
NOTE! You need to restart the Slony service before this takes effect.

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>slon -listengines

1 engine(s) registered for service 'Slony-I'
Engine 1: C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin\slon1.conf

3.) slonik
Please use not the here document of sh script but the script described directly.

ex.)
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>slonik Slonscript.txt

In pgAdmin, operation of the object is possible by GUI. :-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito