Vivek Khera vivek
Wed Mar 22 09:00:38 PST 2006
On Mar 22, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Would welcome any suggestions for a better query to check the
> health of
> the set.

My simple test, which I use from a nagios monitoring plugin, is this:

SELECT date_part('epoch',st_lag_time)::INTEGER FROM _$
{cluster}.sl_status WHERE st_origin=$origin_node AND st_received=
$subscriber_node

It gives me the number of seconds behind the subscriber is, which is
for me the most important measure.  The lag_time is based on last
event timestamp.  I suspect both queries give basically the same info
in the end.