Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu Mar 16 07:40:20 PST 2006
Mark Hagger wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've managed to get A replicating to B quite happily, but I'm having
>trouble getting A -> B -> C.
>
>Full scripts are attached, but basically I'm doing:
>
>create set (id=1, origin=1, comment='Master');
>
>set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=1, fully qualified name =
>'public.feed_details', comment='master feed_details table');
>

>Starting the slon's on my 3 nodes
>
>and then trying:
>

>subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);
>
>but when I try:
>
>subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 2, receiver = 3, forward = no);
>
>It fails with:
>
>ERROR:  Slony-I: provider 2 is not an active forwarding node for
>replication set 1
>
>I'm a little confused now, I would have thought the "forward=yes" on the
>first subscribe makes it an active forwarding node?
>
>I'm sure I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but trawls through
>the docs haven't shown anything I can see.  Any comments/suggestions
>welcome.

Well, if you're missing the "apparently blindingly obvious," that can be
a sign that the docs need some detail or another...

At any rate, it sorta looks like your script tries to handle all the
subscriptions in one swell foop, and that's probably what's not working.

If you submit the second SUBSCRIBE SET while the system's still working
on the first one, then, at the time of submission, no, node won't *yet*
be a forwarding subscriber.

If you add a WAIT FOR EVENT between those subscribe requests, that might
do the trick...