Victoria Parsons victoria.parsons
Thu Mar 16 06:25:30 PST 2006
Hi Mark,

I suspect it's a question of timing. Subscribe sets are not
instantaneous, they may take a while to complete depending on the amount
of data in the set that needs copying over to the slave node.

Try adding a WAIT FOR EVENT after the first subscribe set. Or split the
subscribes into two separate scripts and run the first subscribe, then
check it has completed and is replicating before running the subscribes
for your third node.

Hope that helps,
Vicki

-----Original Message-----
From: slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org
[mailto:slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Hagger
Sent: 16 March 2006 14:04
To: slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
Subject: [Slony1-general] problem configuring cascading table
replication

Hi,

I've managed to get A replicating to B quite happily, but I'm having
trouble getting A -> B -> C.

Full scripts are attached, but basically I'm doing:

create set (id=1, origin=1, comment='Master');

set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=1, fully qualified name =
'public.feed_details', comment='master feed_details table');

Starting the slon's on my 3 nodes

and then trying:

subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes);

but when I try:

subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 2, receiver = 3, forward = no);

It fails with:

ERROR:  Slony-I: provider 2 is not an active forwarding node for
replication set 1

I'm a little confused now, I would have thought the "forward=yes" on the
first subscribe makes it an active forwarding node?

I'm sure I'm missing something blindingly obvious, but trawls through
the docs haven't shown anything I can see.  Any comments/suggestions
welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs
SkyScan service.

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy
by an authorized signatory.