elein elein
Wed Mar 15 18:07:41 PST 2006
I wish to see the results of the queries, especially when there are errors.
But also to track (and control) who makes DDL changes and what they were
exactly.  slonik << | tee log.out was not giving me the query output.

This is easy even with many parallel databases using psql.  I get a canonical
successful run and diff the stdout from other runs to it to do a fast
and accurate test for success as well as tracking when doing ddl updates.
I wanted to do the same thing with parallel slony clusters.

When I found I could not get the same output from slony, I had to change
my technique and only log who and when.  I'd really like the output of
the script, too.

The more the output looks like the psql output of a script run the
better.  If that means running the individual queries, so be it.

--elein