Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Mon Mar 6 22:41:29 PST 2006
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp at phlo.org> writes:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>> - Subscribe set aggressively locks tables on the subscriber to avoid
>> failures
> Does this mean slony 1.2 will lock more aggressivly, or less so?

Moreso, in a few places.

The notable thing is that when you request SUBSCRIBE SET, it will
attempt to lock all of the tables in the set on the subscriber for the
duration of the subscription event.

I'd call that "more aggressively."

What used to happen is that the tables would gradually get locked,
piecemeal, as Slony-I got to each one.  You could run into deadlock
problems right near the end, which is a real waste.  By locking them
up front, any failures will take place before any data is copied, so
this minimizes time wastage.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>