Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Mon Mar 6 15:08:17 PST 2006
There is a list of Works In Progress...

http://slony-wiki.dbitech.ca/index.php/Works_In_Progress

Most things are addressed, at this point.

We should see about making sure that outstanding items that should be
done for 1.2 are assigned.

Once they are done, we should see about scheduling a release, which will
need to include a goodly amount of testing, as there is a LOT of new
stuff, including:

- Windows support
- Major revision of memory management (so that big tuples don't blow
memory out) which should limit memory usage pretty incredibly
- DDL scripts are broken into individual statements
- Log switching (between sl_log_1 and sl_log_2)
- Subscribe set aggressively locks tables on the subscriber to avoid
failures
- A lot of fixes to build environment (this needs to be tested on lots
of platforms)
- pg_listener is used *way* less; slon uses polling, if things are
running busily
- slon "lag interval" option
- slon "stop after event" option

I'd like to improve some of the scripts, probably via redoing watchdogs
in plain shell; it's not clear if that'll happen for 1.2...

At any rate, if this list of enhancements is incomplete, I'd appreciate
hearing about what may be missing.  And if there are things that Just
Must Go In, we'd be best to know that ASAP...