Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Thu Jun 22 16:41:26 PDT 2006
On Wednesday 21 June 2006 15:27, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 June 2006 15:13, Christopher Browne wrote:
> > Having heard no particularly negative reports about testing thus far,
> > Jan and I are hoping to prepare a release candidate for 1.2 tomorrow.
> >
> > At this point, we have a pretty lean set of supported platforms; all we
> > have heard about, thus far are:
> >
> > 1.  Linux - Debian/unstable
> > 2.  FreeBSD 5.3
> > 3.  AIX 5.3
> > 4.  Windows
> >
> > I'm updating documentation now; Jan pointed out to me that I had missed
> > observing that slon has been restructured to not keel over at a whim,
> > which changes how watchdogging need be handled.  I'll be checking in a
> > fair number of changes on that tomorrow.
> >
> > I wish I was seeing a larger set of platforms tested; hopefully there
> > will be more reports before we release 1.2.0...
>
> Currently 1.2 will not compile on -HEAD newer than mid march.  I'm working
> on a fix for that now.

This was already commited

> Also I'm working on a solution for the recent datestyle bug
> (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/bugs/bugupdate.php?1566).

Here is a work in progress for datestyle bug
http://www.dbitech.ca/slony/patches/datestyle-insert.patch

At the moment it only deals with I (insert) events, and assumes that you have
added set datestyle to 'ISO'; to the
sql_on_connection option in your slon runtime config file

Any feedback on this would be welcomed. Also, based on the patch, how do
people feel about this making it into 1.2, or should it be held for a later
release?