Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Jul 26 11:17:17 PDT 2006
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:41:08PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> Based on what we're doing here and the input from the developers and
> others involved, the desire would be to submit DDL changes to the origin
> database as usual and have Slony just do the right thing.  I understand
> the challenges, and I don't expect it.  I'm just trying to answer the
> question of "what do people want it to do".

Right.  Now, what is it about a better interface (that does all the
right checks to make sure that, for instance, WAIT FOR EVENT is
properly inserted &c.) that doesn't solve that problem?  I know that
sounds like it's way too far out from the core; but it isn't.  You
_can_ reliably do this with slonik today; it's just hard, awkward,
painful, &c.  If that's the case, then a better interface is all
that's needed.  No?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.
		--Bruce Schneier