Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Sun Jul 16 21:28:32 PDT 2006
Tim Allen <tim at proximity.com.au> writes:

> David Fetter wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 04:56:41PM -0700, elein wrote:
>>
>>>I've plugged an outline for a Slony-I User Tutorial onto
>>>the wiki along with the first overview section.
>
> "the wiki" is perhaps one of the documentation issues that needs to be
> addressed, though maybe it's outside the scope of what you're doing now.
> I hadn't heard of any such wiki, despite being on this mailing list for
> a while, and looking at the project web site every now and then. I've
> just looked again, and found a reference to it buried in a news item
> near the bottom of the page in small print in the right hand column. Not
> quite as obscure as the bottom of a locked filing cabinet in the
> basement with a sign on the door saying "beware of the leopard", but
> comparable :).
>
> Suggestion: put a reference to the wiki in large friendly letters near
> the top centre of the project home page.

I'm not sure it was wrong not to highly publicize it...

The point of the Wiki has mostly been to help the developers
coordinate some of the "what next" things.

Ideally, once the tutorial has been put together, it can be put into
the documentation tree and dropped from the wiki, making the wiki, to
some degree, "boring again."
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>