Jan Wieck JanWieck
Wed Jul 12 09:43:36 PDT 2006
On 7/11/2006 12:43 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> I have set up tarballs for a first release candidate; Jan should be
> uploading those soon, and I'll see about updating the web site when they
> are uploaded...

I have run them through a compile and a few tests and uploaded them to
the usual location at

http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download/

One thing I wanted to discuss is related to a recent discussion on the
hackers mailing list with respect to possible btree corruption due to
xxid not being suitable. With a single origin setup, there is not
problem during normal operation. But even then, any failover of move set
could immediately cause the btree on the xid only (not the one on
node-id, xid) to corrupt. I remember that this index was added because
of the backend failure to use the one with the node-id. But that IMO
doesn't warrant the risk of corrupting the index at the very time there
is already trouble in the house (move set or failover isn't done because
it is such a boring day).

I say we should remove that index again.

Jan