ML mail mlnospam
Sun Jan 22 23:26:40 PST 2006
Philip Yarra <philip at utiba.com> wrote:What I find really odd in your results is this:
configure:22452: checking thread safety of required library functions
configure:22480: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing  -pthreads
   -pthreads  -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
-DIN_CONFIGURE -I/opt/sfw/include  -I/opt/sfw/include -L/opt/sfw/lib
-R/opt/sfw/lib  -L/opt/sfw/lib conftest.c -lz -lreadline -ltermcap -lrt
-lresolv -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm   -lpthread      -lpthread    >&5
conftest.c:135:44: ./src/tools/thread/thread_test.c: No such file or
directory

 From the location where you ran configure, can you check that
./src/tools/thread/thread_test.c actually exists? It certainly does
here. If that's missing, perhaps your source is incomplete?
Hi Philip,

  I checked in my source directory of PostgreSQL 8.1.2 and you're right there is no src/tools/thread directory. I'm using the file postgresql-base-8.1.2.tar.gz which I've downloaded from the PostgreSQL main website. Do I maybe need any other source files ? Or is that a case where I need to decompress this file with GNU tar and not Solaris tar ?

  Thanks for your help

  Best regards

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!