Ujwal S. Setlur uvsetlur
Tue Jan 10 08:57:30 PST 2006

--- Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Ujwal S. Setlur wrote:
>
> > Thank you. I guess I look at the st_lag_num_events
> > field and wait for it to be 0 or close to it?
> Right
> > now, that number is 6000 and climbing. I started
> the
> > subscription about 6 hours ago. One of the tables
> is
> > very large with ~50 million rows or more.
>
> yes, it could take a while to copy the data...
> especially if you left
> the indexes on the replica.

Interesting. It took about 24 hours to completely
catch up. st_lag_num_events is now 0. How do I not
leave indexes on the replica? Do I just get rid of the
indexes in the slave database? I have quite a few
indexes on that large table.

Also, I understand that slonyI 1.1.5 will have greatly
improved subscribtion performance. Might I see some
performance in my case?

Thanks,

Ujwal