Hannu Krosing hannu
Mon Feb 13 05:45:43 PST 2006
?hel kenal p?eval, E, 2006-02-13 kell 08:34, kirjutas Christopher
Browne:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu at skype.net> writes:
> > ?hel kenal p??eval, E, 2006-02-13 kell 11:36, kirjutas Kevin Gill:
> >> Is there a method for replicating the database users (pg_users)?
> >
> > pg_user is a VIEW and as such you will probably not be able to
> > replicate it.
> >
> > You could try to replicate the underlying table (pg_shadow), though
> > I'm not sure if slony allows you to do it.
>
> The trouble with trying to replicate system tables is that you can't
> put triggers on them, which is what Slony-I requires...

perhaps it can be done by having a user table mirror pg_shadow, via some
regular script, and then replicate that.

then the failover process would need to do "begin; delete from
pg_shadow; insert into pg_shadow select * from
replicated_pg_shadow;commit;" to have a fresh copy