Josh Berkus josh
Thu Feb 9 11:17:29 PST 2006
Folks,

I'm installing 1.1.5 from source.  It's my first source install of slony
since 1.0.1.  Source install has become somewhat more complex.  I'd like
to make two requests:

1) That the INSTALL docs clarify which configuration options are mandatory
and which only need to be set for non-default locations (the implication
of the current INSTALL is that every single option is required), and

2) That source installers be given the option of specifying PGHOME as a
single option if all of their PG_stuff is under the default source install
relationships.  i.e. if I did a vanilla source install, I should be able
to just to --with-pghome=/usr/local/pgsql and not need to set other
locations.

I know that neither of the above is a high priority for anyone but I wanted
to get the request in the queue.  Thanks!

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus		       Consultant