Rod Taylor pg
Tue Feb 7 08:57:06 PST 2006
On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 00:05 -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 11:12:45AM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> > Nor do I run Slony with superuser access. It has access only to the
> > schemas and tables necessary to carry out replication.
>
> Can you provide any details about that? As I understand it based on the
> docs, slon needs to connect as a superuser...

Before 8.1 that was the only way that Slony could create and manage
triggers, truncate tables, and do all of the other work necessary.

With 8.1 you can setup co-ownership of tables, schemas, and other
structures through the use of ROLEs. So, setup the Slony user as an
owner of the structures so that it has permissions to do what it needs
to do.

There are a few bits of Slony code (direct manipulation of system
catalogues) you will need to remove or work around as well.