Jim Nasby decibel
Sun Dec 3 23:02:00 PST 2006
On Nov 29, 2006, at 3:59 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> So what are these wonderful tweaks? Well, I'm not so
> bold as to claim I know these things, hence the question mark in the
> title, but I'd like to listen to what these might be and help out
> where
> I can.

Nor would I, but one possibility that comes to mind is adding the
ability to determine the sequence of transaction commits. Currently,
Slony has no choice but to skip from one consistent state to the
next, and for at least some of that it also has to know what XIDs
were uncommitted in a batch. I have to wonder if there's a better way.

Though, the counter-argument is that batching greatly reduces the
load on the slaves...

Something else I've noticed is that slaves pulling data from a master
present a non-trivial load (seeming much larger than the triggers
that log the data), so perhaps there is something to be had there as
well.
Jim Nasby                                            jim at nasby.net