Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Fri Aug 4 16:41:47 PDT 2006
On Friday 04 August 2006 15:30, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Thanks to all those that have been putting in effort to knock the dust
> off of the 1.2 code.
>
> It has been a reasonably busy week of knocking off little problems
> here and there:
>
> - A fix to let 1.2 "play well" with some restructuring of #includes in 8.2
> - Added a new regression test that tests inheritance
> - People turned up GCC to -Wall (generate *ALL* warnings), and have stomped
>   virtually all warnings
> - Cleaning up of Makefiles
> - Cleaning up of SGML tagging problems in documentation
> - Added a table with extra types (inet, numeric, float, various geometric
> types) to "test1" regression test
>
> Darcy discovered a bug in 8.2 with domains with checks, and it appears
> a fix should be in place forthwith; the plan seems to be that in view
> of holidays in Canada, we'll revisit 8.2-based testing on Tuesday, and
> see about RC3 on Wednesday.

A quick run through test/* on my 8.2 dev box come up clean, I'll see about
setting up a several hundred gig test before I leave for the day, but so far
I think we are green light for an RC3.  the only outstanding issue I know of
at this point in time is windows builds.

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.

http://www.wavefire.com