Richard Yen dba
Thu Aug 3 16:48:55 PDT 2006
Hi,

I'm running 1.1.5 on an 8.1.4 environment, and I just started getting
the following error message repeatedly:

2006-08-03 10:27:59 PDT ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_2: "declare LOG
cursor for select     log_origin, log_xid, log_tableid,
log_actionseq, log_cmdtype, log_cmddata from "_tii".sl_log_1 where
log_origin = 2 and (  order by log_actionseq; " PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "order" at character 162
2006-08-03 10:27:59 PDT ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_2: "close LOG; "
PGRES_FATAL_ERROR ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block

Looks like slon is trying, failing, and trying again, and all the
other events from the master just keep piling up.

Note that this is a master->relay->slave system, and the slave node
is the one that's messed up.  The relay and master seem to be working
perfectly fine.

Saw an old bug report here, which is exactly what I did (subscribe a
set with just sequences):
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/bugs/bugupdate.php?1226

Wondering if anyone knows what to do in this kind of situation, or if
I need to uninstall the slave and re-build it?

--Richard