Philip Yarra philip
Sun Apr 30 17:09:14 PDT 2006
Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> We are having a problem with Slony logging when it hits about 2gig. The
> 2 sytems here are Suse 9.3 running reiser FS 3.6.18. I simply cannot
> figure out what is limiting the log file size since we have > 3.6 G
> files already on those filesystems.

Sounds like Slony doesn't set appropriate flags for largefile support
(in addition to the filesystem supporting it, you have to compile
applications and libraries with large file support, or they will be
limited to 2GB files). I found these in some of my old makefiles:

-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE

but I cannot recall if you need all these or not. Can someone out there
with a better working knowledge of gcc clarify? In any case Randy, you
can try setting these in your makefile, re-build and give it a go.

> Anyone see this before?

Yes, in my own C code from long ago. Confused the hell out of me too.

Regards, Philip.