Michael Vodep mvodep
Fri Apr 28 02:00:55 PDT 2006
Hi

> On Apr 27, 2006, at 4:55 AM, Michael Vodep wrote:
>

>> Is there something i can improve?
>>

> without knowing what the problem is, one cannot improve it.
>
> your configuration looks ok to me.

Okay - that's good :-)

I tried to build a little cluster at home with jails in FreeBSD:

UserRequest -> PureLoadBalancer (distributes requentes on www1, www2,
www3)

www1-www3 running Apache 2 with PHP and mod for PgSQL Client.
The scripts - which run on the wwws - are knowing if a statement is
reading or writing. I have two connections on each www-server:
Connection 1: to haproxy which distributes requents on TCP level to
db1 (slave) and db2 (slave) for reading purposes
Connection 2: direct connection to dbm (master DB)

This is my first cluster and i don't have any experience with LB&FO.
What's the usual way  to distribute heavy load on PostgreSQL servers?
Are there any sample slonik scripts out there? The sample scirpt
provided at the official docu (pg_bench sample) didn't help me so
much :-/

One suggestions i get last weekend was, that db1 should describe dbm
and db2 should describe db1 ...

Thanks,
Best regards from Austria, Graz
michael